Prepare for an interview carefully. Here are some things to think about before an interview.
1. For the job interview, dress in office attire. Your professional look impresses on the interviewer that you know how to project the proper image.
2. Take copies of your resume, letters of recommendation, and any certificates for classes in office software.
3. Be on time. A person late for an interview is behind the stack of possible employees before he/she says a word.
4. Greet your interviewer with a firm handshake and smile.
5. The interviewer may ask difficult questions to test your ability to handle stress. Respond quietly and confidently and ask questions to clarify if need be.
6. Think of times that you have shown efficiency or good communication skills and be ready to tell the interviewer about the situations.
7. Donít make negative comments about the people at the place you are leaving. Just have an answer for why you are looking for a different job.
8. You might be asked to demonstrate your office skills, so be ready.
9. After the interview, send a note of thanks to the interviewer.
Last Updated: 04/26/2014